Friday, June 5, 2009

Delivery Day!



So today is the day! The only reason I have time to blog this morning is because Dan and I got all ready by 6:00 am and called the hospital and they told us to be there by 8:00. So I have a little time, I thought I'd do one last post before having this baby. Today is my due date and I scheduled an induction for today a couple of weeks ago because I knew I wouldn't go early. Lindsay and Zane were both 5 days late so I had to be induced with them and I was induced with Gavin on his due date. So I guess my babies are comfy where they are and don't want to come out! The picture above was taken this morning (I'll probably regret posting it). So here's just a little update of what has happened the past couple of weeks with the pregnancy:

On May 18th I decided to let the kids run through the sprinklers. They had been doing so for about an hour and a half, which made a big puddle of water in the grass. I told them it was time to go inside and none of them would listen. I turned off the water and they still continued to jump into the puddle in the grass. I was getting irritated. Gavin finally came to me so I could dry him off. Then he promptly ran right back into the puddle. I was so mad! I walked (stomped) over to him in my flip flops, right into the puddle and grabbed his arm, then WHAMO! My feet slipped right out from under me and I landed hard on my backside right in the puddle! It knocked the wind out of me! Now normally it MIGHT have been funny, but not when you're 8 1/2 months pregnant. The kids knew they were in trouble. I was so mad I stood right back up and yelled at them to all get into the house. I told the boys to get into time out, while I went to change, now feeling a lot of weird pressure. All the kids were crying and then I started crying because I was worried about the baby. I called Dan & asked him to come home so I could lay down. He left work immediately. Then I called my doctor and they told me to go to the ER. Meanwhile, I tried to comfort my kids who were now very scared that the baby was hurt. Zane kept crying saying, "I hope our baby doesn't die!" It was sad. I laid down to wait for Dan and the kids came and sat by me. I felt the baby moving so that made me feel a little better. I told the kids it was going to be ok and that the baby was moving, then Lindsay said, "Oh good. My prayer worked." I thought that was so sweet. As soon as Dan got home, we took the kids to my mom's and went to the ER. They monitored me for almost 4 hours. The babies heartbeat sounded great. They did a blood test that checks the cells and it can tell them if the placenta is damaged. It came back fine. PHEW! The fall started contractions which continued through the night but obviously didn't do much because here we are today on my due date! I have felt fine since, just uncomfortable and a little irritable.

Last week at my appointment I was almost dilated to a 2 and about 50% effaced, so we'll see what I am when we get there this morning. My labors with my other 3 kids were: Lindsay 17 hours, Zane 15 hours and Gavin 12 hours. I'm shooting for 10 hours with this one! We're so excited and anxious!!! If you want to take a guess at what we're having, etc... you can click on the link on the right hand side and enter your guess! Stay tuned......

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay for another baby! Hope everything goes well and fast..Congrats!

T. Driaza said...

Your photo is adorable! Good luck with everything today! Let me know if you need help with the kiddos!

deena said...

Happy Day!!! Good luck. Can't wait to hear the news! You look great, Heather!

Goodrich said...

I'm so happy! Good Luck, everything will be great and I can't wait to see the little darling!

Recksieks said...

I dont know what you are talking about, your photo is so adorible!
I hope that everything went good and that you and the baby are feeling good. I am a little jelous, I love the miracle of a new baby and just the peace and love that comes with a new baby!
I also want you to know how amazing I think your kids are. That is such a sweet story and it just goes to show you how sensitive kids are to what is happening and how aware they are. What cuties!
Congrats on your baby girl! We cant wait to meet her!

Maddy said...

You look absolutely gorgious in that photo. You will be glad to have taken it.

Deb-t said...

What a great idea to do a post THE DAY OF and include one last picture. I just love it!