First and foremost I have to say that I am not a Twilight fan. I read the first 2 books over a year ago, started the 3rd book in October of 2008 and haven't picked it up since. I just don't see what the big deal is. A human loving a vampire, then after being dumped by the vampire, she falls for a werewolf (well, actually uses the werewolf) then the second she finds out where the vampire is she dumps the werewolf on his behind and runs back to the vampire. I have many friends who LOVE it and that is fine. I have my things that I love that others don't. To each their own.......So my good friend, Ginger Garn, works for JetBlue and they were doing a private showing on Thursday, November 19th, the day BEFORE the movie came out. Now Ginger had gotten 20 tickets for some of her family and some of us and some of her other friends. Karen, Heidi, Kim Cowdell and I are not Twilight fans, but we thought it would be fun to have a girl's night out and get to see the movie before most of the fanatics. I saw the first movie, and didn't really like it. But didn't want to pass up a girls' night!
I actually liked the movie better than the first because they show a lot more of the werewolf , Jacob, than the creepy, ugly vampire, Edward, that most everyone else is obsessed it. But I didn't like the ending, because Bella chose Edward. I was so annoyed with how whiny and selfish Bella was in the whole movie. I'm not a fan of her character at all! So at the end of the movie when Edward said, "Bella, will you marry me?" and everyone on the audience started cheering and clapping, I took it upon myself to BOO as loud as I could when the theater got quiet. Hahahahahaha! Everyone laughed and I was happy to get that off my chest!
So I guess if I was a fan, one might say I was on "Team Jacob" as opposed to "Team Edward." I like to think of myself as being on "Team Dan."
Karen, Kim Cowdell, Ginger Garn, Michelle Bowman, Me, Heidi and Debbie Brown
3 comments:
Get you out Team Dan!!! JK, it's cute :)
I've read all of the books b/c I couldn't stand to not know how the books/story would end. I must say that #2 was my FAVE and I hated Bella the whole way through the books! But, I was rather pleased to see JACOB on the screen - WOW! Not obsessed with any of it tho - like you just wanted a GNO!
I love the hatred, Heath! And I think it's more funny because I'm such a huge fan of the Twilight ordeal... Yes that was a very fun night, indeed! When Eclipse comes out in June you need to be sporting a "TEAM DAN" shirt to the theater!
Post a Comment