Monday, September 1, 2008

Update on Zane/Gavin's 2 year checkup

Many of you have asked how Zane is doing. He is good. They tested his urine again last week and there is still a trace of blood but no protein so the doctor is not too worried. If there continues to blood with protein in his urine them we will do further testing. As for the dang sore on his finger that he's had for about 5 months, it's still infected. He's on a different antibiotic that is stronger and it is looking better. So hopefully this clears it up. They took a sample of it to culture but I haven't heard back yet what they've found. As for all the diabetes symptoms I was concerned about, he still drinks a lot which makes him pee a lot (but that could be because it's summer and he's hot) and he doesn't seem as tired lately. We are very grateful it is not diabetes.

I took Gavin in for his 2 year check-up. This kid is huge! Everyone thinks he's 3 and his full sentences and vocabulary would make you think that too. He was 32 pounds (90%), 37 inches tall (95%) and his head is just huge (95%). When Lindsay heard the nurse say how tall he was, her response was, "he's tall enough to ride the Matterhorn at Disneyland!" She knows that the height requirement is 35 inches for that ride. I don't know where she got that from, hmmmm.... :) . Dr. Edwards gave me a prescription for a steroid so that if/when he gets Croup again, I'll already have it on hand to give him. He thinks that he's just a kid who gets Croup easy. He doesn't think it's Asthma. He got one shot and only cried a little bit. Lindsay and Zane were more traumatized by it. They hid under the chairs and plugged their ears so they wouldn't have to see it or hear Gavin cry.

3 comments:

MEGandJEFF said...

I'm SO glad that things are looking better with Zane! Your kids sure are cuties, Heather! And smart, too..I laughed my booty off at Lindsay's response about how Gavin's tall enough to ride the Matterhorn :) That'll come in handy some day when she's on Jeopardy :)

MEGandJEFF said...

Unfortunately, no, we haven't sold our townhouse..but that's ok :) It just means there's another awesome opportunity out there, right? I can never stay bummed about anything for long..but it IS a stinker that I won't be living closer to you :( We should get together for gelato sometime..haha :)

Karmen said...

I didn't know about Zane's health problems! I'm so sorry! Don't you hate it when your kids are sick or hurting?! Scary!
That's hilarious what Linds said at the doctors office...only a Skousen descendent would come up with an answer like that!