Thursday, August 28, 2008

I am 5 1/2 going on 17....

So I just read a post on my friend, Val's, blog about her daughter and wearing deodorant... and it reminded me of some things that Lindsay has been saying lately that I've been meaning to blog. A couple of months ago I was kneeling down helping her with something and here's how the conversation went:
L "Mom, you're squishing those things that make you look pretty."
H "What are you talking about?"
L "those things."
H "what things?"
L "those", then she pointed to my self-made cleavage that was somewhat showing because I was bending over. Apparently those are what makes us pretty gals!

Then she asked a little while ago when she could start shaving her legs and wearing a bra! I told her when it was time, I would tell her and I would show her how to shave her legs so she wouldn't cut herself.

I've finally given in to reading the "Twilght" books and 2 weeks ago (after hearing me talk a little about it) Lindsay asked "when can I start reading those Twilight books?" I said, "when you're 18." She said "no, 15." I told her "we'll see". Then she kept asking me everytime I'd sit down to read them, "what's happening?","what did you just read about?" She cracks me up!

Then last week, we were eating dinner (Dan was out of town) and Zane asked "why does Daddy have to go to work everyday." Lindsay told him, "so we can have money for our house, our cars, food, our health insurance..." I am almost peed my pants! HEALTH INSURANCE!!!! Where does she get these things?

8 comments:

Jenae said...

haha I'm peeing at that post!! She is too dang cute!! It's good to know cleavage makes us pretty!!haha She's so smart too!! health insurance!!!)haha

Sara J Low said...

Oh my goodness... That is the funniest thing I've read in a long long long time.... I LOVE IT! She is so cute... Cleavage, health insurance. She's so smart! I just love the things kids come up with... (I'm sure you read my post about the boogie man) YIKES!

Christian and Karen Robinson said...

She is SO your daughter.
"What did you eat? How long were you there? Did you go to the bathroom?"...

Deb-t said...

She is WAY above her age!!! Heath- she is turning out to be just like you! I loved how she was so intent on listening in on our 'adult' conversations at the last girls night. What a hoot.

val said...

She sounds like a hoot! (not Hooters~~) Oh, maybe I am getting the cleavage thing messed up a little.. I have none, dang it! Thanks for mentioning me in your post!!! I so wish I was nearby to come to your girls night...it always sounds like a blast!

Taylor said...

ok...lindsay cracks me up!!!! i looove the last part about health insurance. i had to read this post to ally and jonni. we were kinda peeing! haha. you have cute kids!

MEGandJEFF said...

That is sooo funny :) She's gonna be a spit-fire, Heather!!

Lindsey said...

That is so cute about Lindsay! She sounds so grown up! I saw brittany and ben on your friend list! It's such a small world my sister Britney was married to Brittany's brother Brandon! How are you related to them? Her little girls are so cute! That's neat she's having a boy soon!