Monday, March 24, 2008

Lindsay's birthday party

For Lindsay's birthday party, she wanted a High School Musical theme. We borrowed some cardboard cutouts of Troy and Gabriella from my good friend Hayley ("thanks again, Hay!") and I bought a big HSM banner. We hung the banner in the living room and set Troy and Gabriella next to it. When the kids came in the house, we had each one stand by the cutouts and we took their picture. Dan printed out the pics and we had the kids make picture frames out of foam. I think they turned out pretty cute. They also played "Name That Tune" with the HSM songs and we did a pull pinata where there are strings hanging from the bottom of the pinata and each child gets to choose a string to pull. Only one string opens the pinata. It is much better than the original pinatas because you don't have to worry about the children beating each other with the stick or other various injuries. Then they had cupcakes. The kids were so good and I hope they had fun.




Here's Lindsay's picture frame.

This is Zane's. If you look closely at his picture, you'll see he has his hand on Troy's arm. It cracks me up!

The whole gang!



Lindsay got some fun stuff. Her biggest present that she got from her mom and dad was a new bike. We sent her on a treasure hunt to find it in the storage room. It is a lot bigger than her other one and she's riding very well. (I just realized I don't have a good picture of her on her bike yet).

1 comments:

Amy said...

So fun! Danielle's birthday is coming up in a couple of weeks and she requested a HSM party a while ago! I'm glad you've already done one so I can steal ideas! It looked like a really fun party! Happy Belated Birthday Lindsay!