A few years ago, my family decided to make up a holiday in January since it's kind of a depressing month. Well, we really didn't make it up. We took the idea from the Disney movie The Hunchback of Notre Dame. There is a song in the movie called Topsy Turvy where they have a festival of fools on the 6th of January. We haven't done it every year but we decided to celebrate this year, just later in the month. Some of us dressed up (everyone was supposed to), we played games, and ate food. This year we each brought a white elephant gift. It was a lot of fun; just something different to do during this dreary time of year! Thanks Karen and Heidi afor planning pretty much everything!
This is what my dad came up with for his costume. Don't ask!
Here's Karen's hubby, Christian. Do you like his fairy wings?
Zane in his Festival of Fools mask and hat.
I just put on unmatching clothes and my snow boots. Dan dressed up Hawaiian style.
I know this is really gross! This is the white elephant gift we brought. We bought the white bowl which somewhat resembles a toilet, put lemon jello in it and added tootsie rolls. We taped the toilet paper on the side. Melissa and Chad were the lucky winners!
4 comments:
What a fun idea! We just might have to give it a try next January... you're right about Jan. being a low after the holidays.
Love the costumes! Keli'i wants to buzz his head and "embrace his baldness" too.
p.s. Our kids have been sick every other week this whole winter! We feel ya!
I told our Doctor, "that's it, we're moving to warmer climate". He said it happens everywhere with little ones - they'll grow out of it. So I guess we're staying in Utah. :) For now!
What a great idea! I'm nauseous over that last picture, but it is a great W.E. idea, as long as I don't get it! :) Did they eat it? haha!
Heather! I love and miss your crazy and fun family! I guess it's a good thing I joined the blogging world...now I can "visit" you guys even if I'm far away! Come for a "visit" (burleypopes.blolgspot.com) and I'll keep checking back! Love your buns! (Oh, and if I could only get Brian-my hubby-to embrace his baldness....)
So thats why I saw Dan with no hair. You guys are so fun.
Post a Comment