So I've decided that I'm so sick of having sick kids! I haven't yet counted, but I have been to the doctor's office over 20 times in the past year. Not to mention the 2 days at Primary Children's Hospital last March for Gavin's Croup. I do have to say that I am grateful to have a doctor that is only 3 minutes away, with receptionists and nurses who know us all by name because of our frequent visits and I am very grateful to have insurance. So this week Lindsay is getting over her cold and cough but started getting a fever, hot and cold chills and achey. Gavin is still getting over his cough and cold (RSV stuff) but got another ear infection (this makes 9 ~ 7 before he got tubes and now 2 since). Not to mention he's so grumpy. Zane has been the healthiest this time. He only has a little congestion and that was it until the past few days. He gets these little pimple-like bumps on his body that he's gotten since he was a baby. They itch, so he scratches them and sometimes they get infected. A little over 2 years ago we took him to a Dermotologist and he didn't quite know what to call it but he gave us a cream (Dermatop) that works great. We haven't had any problems for a long time. Well, we recently ran out of his cream and I (slacker-mom) kept forgetting to call in a refill for it. So there is one of these little bumps on his leg that he's been scratching and now it's about the size of a quarter and is gross looking. Last night we noticed that about 1/2 an inch away from it was this big red spot that looked like a spider bite and was warm to the touch. This morning it was huge and Zane said it hurt. So I decided to not go in to teach dance today and took ALL 3 into the doctor's to be checked. Lindsay and Gavin both had fevers. Lindsay's strep test came back negative (I thought she might have it) but she has an ear infection. Gavin's ear infection is looking better so I just have to continue the ear drops for a couple more days. Zane's leg is infected, that is why it's all red! If you ask Zane what's wrong with his leg he'll say "there's an ear infection on my leg." Funny! SO, I've got Lindsay and Zane on antibiotics and I'm getting the cream he needs refilled so he doesn't have another outbreak! We're leaving to Disneyland in 3 days. I'm praying they all get healthy and stay that way, at least until we get back! The picture above is of Zane's leg (in case you couldn't tell). The scabby sore at the top is where he scratched until it got infected. The redness below that is the infection that has spread. Poor kid. I think I should win mother of the year for not getting his cream refilled and causing an infection!
The game. Homecoming 2021 finally arrived and it was such a fun night.
Especially since Paige was cheering and Curt was here from Utah! I loved
homecomin...
4 years ago
2 comments:
Oh, I hope all the kids are well before you go to Disneyland! That would suck to be sick while at the happiest place on earth...
Oh my word! Your family is in our prayers that the sickness will all just go away!!!
Post a Comment