Every year my mom buys our kids the little chocolate advent calendars. This is the first year Gavin has really understood them. And boy, does he love his daily chocolate after breakfast. I had them taped to their bedroom doors, but the tape didn't stick very long, so I set Gavin's on his dresser as far back as I could. The other day he came into the kitchen with his hands over his eyes.
I said, "what are you doing, silly boy?"
G "I eat a chocolate!" throwing his hands off his eyes like it was a surprise!
Me "where did you get the chocolate?"
G "From mommy."
Me "no you didn't. Show mommy where you got it." He took my hand and led me to his room, where his advent calendar was still on the dresser but knocked over. I picked it up and one of the little doors was slightly opened. I opened it and this is what I saw. At least he put it back in the same spot. He just needed a little chocolate fix, I guess. Needless to say, the calendar is now on top of the computer armoire.
The game. Homecoming 2021 finally arrived and it was such a fun night.
Especially since Paige was cheering and Curt was here from Utah! I loved
homecomin...
4 years ago
7 comments:
haha I know exactly how he feels, I need a daily chocolate fix too!! Funny post, Gavin is one hilarious little guy!
I suck. I haven't even opened any for Nathan yet!!
What a cute little boy you have! Mmmm...I want a chocolate advent calendar...
I have never seen those before, where do you get them?
LOL, he has some good self control!
What a cutie! I totally can't believe he didn't eat the whole thing! What a good boy!
Seriously, you're stories about your kids crack me up!!! I was expecting something I would have done... Eatin the entire calendar! Oh yes, I'm fat, that is why I would have devoured the entire calendar!!!
I hope you all have a fantastic Christmas.
I love your yearly update letter. SO creative this year! I love hearing about how everyone is doing!
Love ya!
Sara
Post a Comment