Monday, July 14, 2008

New cars

Due to the grossly growing gas prices, we decided it was time to say goodbye to our Dodge Durango (that had nothing wrong with it) and graduate to a Dodge Grand Caravan. Yes, we did it. We joined the minivan club. Didn't know that we ever would but what the heck! Everyone's doing it. We LOVE it! I never thought I'd love a van so much. Features include, stow n' go, 6 disc DVD player, automatic sliding doors, only 46000 miles (it's a 2005), Captain's chairs in the middle row instead of a bench, and many other things I could go on and on about. We love it and the kids love it. It sure makes the drives a lot nicer now that the kids aren't all crammed onto the same bench. And Gavin can't touch or hit anyone! It's lovely!

Bye~bye Durango!

"I can't believe it's really true!"

Gavin wanted to sit in Zane's seat for the picture. Lindsay and Zane sit in the back and Gavin has his own seat where he can't tease the others!

Our good old 1997 Nissan Maxima has seen better days. It's been a great car, but things just keep breaking on us. Dan hates fixing cars and dealing with them, so we also decided to trade in the Maxi and get Dan a newer car. He decided on a 2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse. It's a sporty little thing and he loves it! I don't mind driving it either but it has a strange smell. It kind of smells like Mr. Hallstrom's breath from my 10th grade English class. Not my favorite teacher. Anyways, glad you love the car Dan! Just don't get any speeding tickets!

Bye~bye Maxi


Hello mid-life crisis! Just kidding honey!

13 comments:

Jenae said...

How fun!! New cars for both of you!! They both look so nice!

The Skousens said...

Wow, I didn't know that Dan got his new car already...that's fun!!! And Heather, you are such a gayog, I think it's funny that of all things, you compare the smell of the car to one of your teacher's breath, lol! I love your van...it really is so nice!!!

Kris and Kelli said...

Wow, new car purchases are scary. We did one last month our of necessity. you are a brave couple. And so cute. Sorry I've been out of the blog scene and I'm just playing catch up.

MEGandJEFF said...

Nice van, Heather!! I still like to think I won't ever drive one..but I'm fairly sure it's my destiny! And I drove my sister in laws a while back when we had their kids..not too shabby, I must say! And what were you doing smelling your teachers breath??! :)

The Naylors said...

Heather - I knew it, you have to break at some point and get a van.... Isn't it sooooo much easier? You make me laugh :)

erika said...

Aren't mini-vans lifesavers?I thought I would never do that to.But when you are a mom,You will do anything! Congrats on the new cars!
P.S. Do you sell MaryKay ?

Mel said...

What a cute mini van mom!

Unknown said...

Heather, you look totally Hot in your minivan. Congrats on the new cars :) (And EWWWWww on the Mr. Hallstrom comment! Febreeze - QUICK!)

Anonymous said...

Not everyone is switching to a minivan...there are other gas saving alternatives.

Justin

Allison Claire said...

Oh look, it is mini-van drivers! haha! :) Love the new cars.

val said...

Funny! We went mini-van when #3 was born.... I was not too excited at 1st, but once you get in, it is sooooo nice and perfect for a family, huh!!!

The Edwards Family said...

Ha Ha!! Mr. Hallstrom's breath....I was privy to that awful smell and for those of you who don't know, he could stink out the whole classroom with just one hour of talking. YUCK!!! I am sorry you have to relive that Heather. Congrats on the cars though, its always nice to upgrade however look at it.

Anonymous said...

Wow, cool. I never though I would be one too, but welcome to the wonderful world of minivan owners!! They're so nice. You have so many neat things on your blog, you'll have to teach me how since I'm still pretty new at things. Tawnya