Thursday, June 12, 2008

Good times, NOT!

So after I blogged, blogged stalked and went to bed last night, I was awakened at 2:30 am by Zane crying running down the hall towards my room. Him running and crying only meant one thing - he's going to throw up. And he did in the toilet, but then he said, "mommy, I'm sorry I threw up on my floor." I told him it was ok (poor guy), and went to check. Sure enough, it was all over the floor by his bed. So I cleaned that up the best I could in the dark (Lindsay was still asleep in there). I changed him into new jammies, put an old sheet over half of my bed, lay old towels in a path on the floor on the way from my bed to the bathroom and got him a bowl. Zane has never really thrown up before so he doesn't quite know what to do. About a minute after I'd put everything down, he threw up again all over the towels on the floor. Good thing I'd made a path. He was crying so loudly that he woke up Lindsay. So I made room for her at the bottom of my bed. She said she was too scared to sleep in her room all by herself. Well, he threw up again about half an hour later, but then slept for 4 hours. Then at 8:00 and again at 8:30 he threw up. This is definately one of those times you could use a second pair of hands. It's now after 3:00 pm and he hasn't thrown up since this morning, but he just woke up from a nap and he has a fever. What the heck! So I won't be making it to the temple tonight for my almost sister-in-laws temple endowment session. Sorry Brie! But what do ya do? I don't know if my kids will ever stay healthy for more than 2 weeks. Zane also missed the last day of his swimming lessons. Thanks Mindy for taking Lindsay. You're a lifesaver!

7 comments:

Allison Claire said...

It always seems like the kids get sick when the husband is away (at least it has been in my case) I hope he feels better soon! For his sake and yours! I hate cleaning up throw-up, it is on the top of nasty things moms have to do list!

Unknown said...

Honey,

I'm sorry that you had to deal with all that.

I hope tonight goes better for you and Zane.

I love you!!

-Dan

The Skousens said...

Your poor kids, they always seem to be sick...I hope that he feels better and that the others don't get sick next! I think that a stomach flu is going around because since before we headed home from UT I've had a stomach ache and constantly have to go to the bathroom...and Beans and Ally and Tay were sick too...bummer!!!

erika said...

I think its worse for the kids to be sick.Because its hard on them &the mom!Plus everybody ends up getting sick.I hope he gets better soon! Take Care!

Deb-t said...

Ok, why wasn't I ever notified that it was smart to have a "trail" of old towels from the bed to the bathroom? CLEVER!
Sorry about the sickness going around. Is Dan gone then? Where to and for how long? You poor thing!

MEGandJEFF said...

OH, that sounds miserable Heather! I hope he gets better soon. You're such a sweet mom!

MikeG Family said...

Okay first - I love how Dan checks the blog while he's gone and leaves you cute messages - so sweet! Second, I agree that cleaning up throw-up is one of the worst things mothers have to do! Poor kid, and poor Heather! I hope he feels better soon for both of your sakes!