Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Zane is all ready for Kindergarten!

Last week I took Zane to his Kindergarten doctor visit. I didn't tell him about it until about an hour before we went so he wouldn't be freaking out about all day. When I told him, I thought he'd ask if he needed shots. But instead he asked if they were going to swab his throat! He ahtes when they have to that! Thankfully, I didn't have to lie and told him no. He was so excited to have a little date with me. It was kinda breaking my heart though because he didn't know about the shots and I didn't want to tell him until we were there. They checked his weight and height, 42 inches tall, 42 pounds. Perfect. Eyes, good. He cried when they had to poke his finger to check his iron. The Doctor came in and did the physical exam. Great. Then I had to break the news to Zane that he needed to get 4 shots. He started bawling. I tried to get his mind off of it, but it didn't work. When the nurse came in and we tried to get his pants off, he freaked out. Then he said, right before she was about to do the first shot, "wait a minute! Wait a minute! I have to tell you something! I need to go to the bathroom!" He was trying to get out of it, but he'd just gone to the bathroom. Poor kid. So she hurried and did all 4 in less than 10 seconds and he was done! He got a bag full of goodies then I took him to get an ice cream cone. I was so glad to have that done. Phew!
Then yesterday we got him registered at the school. It's so weird to think that in September, we'll have a 1st grader, Kindergartener, Preschooler and a new baby! What an exciting year!!!!

6 comments:

Bethers Family said...

That makes me sad that he cried. Remember Matt and me getting our shots and the trauma we put mom through? G-a-y kids. It's crazy you will have 4 kids! I am so curious to see what this one looks like. So exciting. Love ya Heath!

T. Driaza said...

Oh I am so dreading to shots! Mia has to get 4 also, but I doing the whole "K" day with our pediatrician, that's suppose to make it exciting & not really all about shots! I'm crossing my fingers!

Rob and Marci Peacock said...

Oh the shots! There really is no way around that just being heartbreaking! Cayden scored a complete new Lightsaber out of that experience because he was "brave like a Jedi". I let my twins wear their princess dress-ups to get their shots and promised them their own Artic Circle shakes if they were brave. Sheesh, as many shots as we have to get just giving birth to these children, where are our toys and treats!? :o) Good luck with all the kindergarten fun!

Lindsey said...

Oh poor Zane! I am so not looking forward to that Dr. visit with Easton! He has no idea! I love how Zane tried to stall by saying he needs to go to the bathroom! That's so funny!

Deb-t said...

Seriously...that's a very exciting year for you all! I remember when Jaden had to get his kindergarten shots....poor baby! It's so awful for them!

erika said...

I always wait until the last minute to do it.I feel so bad.
Sounds like you will have a busy school year!