Friday, April 25, 2008

We have a magician in the family!

Tonight we had a Talent Show/Ice cream social with our ward. Zane has totally been into magic lately and it's all because of my dad, Grandpa Harry. Zane thinks Grandpa is really magic and now thinks he's magic. My dad has always loved to do little, silly magic tricks since I was really little and now loves to show them to the grandkids. Lindsay is always trying to figure out how he really did it, but Zane is always amazed and tries them out himself. Some of his favorites are pulling off his thumb, pulling off his head, and taking his eyeballs out, putting them in his mouth and then swallowing them. The other day he was able to get our pantry door open with the childproof knob on it and he said he'd used his magic to open it. A couple of weeks ago he was trying to do something (I can't remember what) and he said, "my magic must not be working today." He also likes to say he can disappear into walls. Well, I thought what a perfect chance for him to show off his magic tricks at our ward talent show. He was awesome! Lindsay was supposed to do it with him, but got nervous and sat back down. Zane stole the show! He wasn't nervous, he did everything like we practiced and really got into it. The bunny trick at the end of this video is a new one we were trying out. He did it perfect! The only thing Dan missed recording while trying to video tape and control our background music was the very beginning when Zane first made his thumbs disappear and when he bowed at the very end. What a stud you are Zaners! P.S. The Spiderman costume was his idea.
Make sure you pause the music at the bottom of our blog before you watch this

8 comments:

Tricia said...

Heather, that is so cute and funny! He is going to be a great entertainer!!
I also just looked at all Heidi's pictures. I'm glad you posted those...I SO wanted to be there...especially for the song!

Maddy said...

that was the cutiest thing ever. We laughed so hard we were crying.

Adrienne said...

Your Spiderman Magician is a show stopper!! He's going to be famous!

Taylor said...

how cute!! i just love zane!! =]

val said...

That was adorable! How cute that he got up there and did his magic in his spiderman suit! Loved it!

dawnie said...

What a darling little performer! I can't believe he would play for the crowd so young!
Dawnie

MikeG Family said...

He is such a cute little magic man! I love how animated he is about it all, too - darling!

crystalcookie said...

You have such adorable kids!