Friday, April 25, 2008

Car Accident



I don't know what it is about me and getting rear ended. I must have a target on the back of me! As of April 16th, I have been rear-ended 4 times! NONE of them are my fault. The first time, I was in high school in a friends truck (3 of us in the truck) and we got hit driving home from Provo. The 2nd time, I was with a friend in my Ford Escort, with my friend, Travis, sister Karen and friend Melissa driving behind us in Travis' car. We were at a stop light and a drunk guy slammed into the back of Travis' car which was then pushed into the back of my car. The 3rd time, I was in downtown Salt Lake dropping off my sister Karen at work. I was headed to my work, when the car in front of me stopped to let a pedestrian cross, so I stopped, then I looked in my rear-view mirror to see this GINORMOUS Station Wagon come barrelling behind me and slammed into the back of me. The 4th time was on April 16th. I was coming home from having my eyebrows waxed (and boy, did they need it). I was stopped at a weird stop sign in American Fork, that merges into State Street. The sun was pretty blinding, being that it was almost 7:00 pm and it was starting to set. I had my head turned to the left, watching the constant flow of traffic go by, waiting to pull out. Suddenly, I was hit from behind. My sun roof cover flew open! I was in shock at first, "did I really just get hit, again?" I pulled over and could see the young teenage boy with his girlfriend in my rear-view mirror with their hands over their mouths in shock as well. We all got out to check out the damage. The front of his mom's little Hyundai Sonata was smashed in and smoking. My solid Dodge Durango had only minimal damage. A little paint scratched on the bumper and the license plate crunched. Thank goodness! The kid thought that I had already gone through the stop sign. I guess the sun was bright and he didn't see me still sitting there. The police were called, a report filed and as of today, our Durango is in the shop getting fixed. Of course, he was at fault and no injuries, except a headache that immediately followed the accident and the front right side of my neck was very sore and tender for the next 3 days. It is feeling a lot better now. I'm glad the kids weren't with me. Lindsay would have wigged out! She is very paranoid about car accident's, just like her mother.

1 comments:

val said...

It cuz you look so good from behind, everyone is trying to get a closer look, babe! How are the eyebrows? Mine are a constant stress to me...