On Conference weekend, mom, Laurel, Karen, Heidi, Amy and I went up to the cabin to scrapbook for 2 1/2 days!!! It was so much fun! Dad came up too the protect us from evil stalkers (there's not any, but we're dramatic girls). On Thursday night, just Laurel and I went up to get a head start on our scrapbook pages (Laurel brought baby Mary too). It was actually pretty freaky being up there with just us 2 and not to mention we kept hearing some creature runnin through the walls and ceiling! Dan made me take his shotgun and a stabbing knife to protect ourselves! Good thing I never had to use it but I did threaten the creature in the wall that I would shoot him! On Friday everyone else came up. We chatted, ate and watched movies while we scrapbooked (mom actually sewed some unfinished projects instead and Amy did homework). On Saturday we listened to Conference then headed home so our hubbies could attend the Priesthood session. I think this might become a tradtion......what do you think Dan? Hahahaha!
Dad working on editing some audio stuff for some of Grandpa Skousen's work
Cute Mary
"Don't anyone come near me! I gotta gun and I know how to use it now!"
Amy being studious
The fall leaves were gorgeous up there!
On Conference Sunday, we decided to head back up to the cabin with Laurel, Sam and their kids since our kids didn't have school Monday and spend the night (good thing the cabin uis only 40 minutes away!). We played games and ate of course. None of us got a very good night sleep that night because whatever little creature was living in the walls was awake all night running around! It was so icky hearing it run over our heads in the ceiling while laying in bed. Dan and I decided to each put one of my ear phones in one of ours ears and listen to my IPod to drown out the noise, but it didn't help much! Dan and Sam got up early to drive back down to go to work. We woke up with a little snow on our cars! Besides the little sleep on Sunday night, it was a really fun weekend!
1 comments:
Family fun!
What more can you ask for?
So ,luck on doing your scrapbooking
I am so behind.
Post a Comment