Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Zane's Birthday

Zane is 5 years old!! He is getting taller and smarter! He will get to start learning to read in the next month and we're excited for that. He's writing his name and ABC's very well. He still loves to do magic tricks (as you can see by his Magician costume and wand) and is excellent at Wii and computer games (just like his dad). Some of the things Zane is doing lately:


He's been telling little stories that are completely made up. We're still not sure if this is a good thing or not. I have to ask him a lot if he's saying the truth or making stuff up. Then he'll say "actually, I was just tricking."


Also, when he gets in trouble (which isn't very often) he ALWAYS says, "I just forgot I wasn't supposed to do that."


He still loves to watch movies and lately we've noticed he memorizes the lines to movies after hearing it just once. He'll even memorize lines from previews of movies on tv.



Zane's gifts

Zane had an Indiana Jones party. The boys got their own Indy hats and whips, then went on an adventure in the backyard. It was total chaos but they had fun!

Zane's friends and cousins



His most favorite present was the Lego Star Wars Wii game!




2 comments:

Taylor said...

Indiana party...fun!! I love that he still does his magic tricks...we talk about that alot in our family...too cute! :o)

The Skousens said...

Oh I love the magician outfit, too cute! Looks like he had a fun birthday party! He looks so cute in all of the pictures, I miss your kids so much!!!