Wednesday, September 9, 2009

First Day of School


Lindsay started 1st grade on August 20th. It's been an adjustment going all day long but she loves her teacher and loves eating lunch with one of her best friends, Lydia. They aren't in the same class, so they get to "chat" and eat at lunch. The first day of school they were chatting for so long they completely missed recess!



Mrs. Richins



Granny Annie took Zane out to breakfast and to choose a new outfit for the first day of school. Then she made the German traditional Tuta filled with school supplies and treats. He loved it!




Zane started school on August 27th. He LOVES it and never complains (that is, until he starts getting homework in October).



Zane was so excited to get Miss Gurney as his teacher, who was Lindsay's teacher last year.



Gavin started Preschool on September 8th. He was so excited but a little shy when we got there. He knows Miss Nicole very well. Gavin has liked to pretend he's been in school since last spring (I think he was feeling left out). He would say things like"today at school, we sang Jingle Bells and played my Fish game." Then I asked him who his teacher was and he'd say "Chad". Then one day we were driving through the neighborhood and he saw some boy walking down the street and Gavin said "see that boy? He's in my class. His name is Jonas." Funny thing was that the kid was like 10, we didn't know who he was and we don't even know anyone named Jonas! I'm glad he'll have REAL school stories to tell now.



Miss Nicole

7 comments:

Confessions of a 30-Something Drama Queen said...

LOL! Your kids are cute! I LOVE your new family picture btw... good lookin' group!

Taylor said...

wow...they are all growing up SO much! they're the cutest! :o) i think i say that every time...but every time i read your stories i think it! haha.

Danielle Rappleye said...

Gotta love those first days of school, they are bittersweet. It is sad to see them go, but so great to have them gone. Hope you are doing well, I have Ave in dance and haven't seen you around. I am sure having 4 kids keeps you quite busy. What a great Mom you are. Keep it up!

The Edwards Family said...

Congrats on getting the crew off to school, I love the made up school stories! Hadley does that too, but hers aren't quite that creative, she just copies whatever Abby says she did. BTW, I love the new family picture, SO SO SO CUTE!

The Skousens said...

Oh your kids make me laugh, they are too cute! I'm sure you're enjoying the free time while they're all at school!!! They are growing up so fast!!!

erika said...

I love this time of year.Everybody is back on the schedule.
Cute kids~

Adrienne said...

That is a crack up about Jonas and Chad! I'm glad Gavin's finally in preschool but the real preschool stories may not be as good as the fake ones!