Sunday, July 5, 2009

Happy 4th of July!!!!

I LOVE the 4th July!!! I have many fond memories of this time of year and want our kids to love it too. We had a busy weekend, but it was so much fun!



I told the kids if they smiled really good for the other pictures we could do a GOOFY picture at the end. This is what we got!



For MANY years, my family has always gone to the Riverton Town Days Parade held on the 3rd of July. The weather was perfect this year and the kids enjoyed sitting with their cousins trying to get as much candy as possible from the floats.



Brooklyn was sweet as could be. I love her little rolls in her arms.

Chad, Missy and Andrew

Spencer and Marcus

Kelly, Memphis, Kaelynne and Lindsay


Heidi, Jeff and Riley

Me, Dan and Brooklyn

Laurel and Sam

Dad and Mom

Karen, Harry, Christian and Nathan

Melissa and Damien

Michael (Sam's nephew), Jarom, Teron, Jonah and Zane

Mary, Gavin and Bentley


On the morning of the 4th, we drove down to Great-Grandma Della and Great-Grandma Ted's with the rest of Dan's family. It was their first time meeting Brooklyn.



The kids had a fun time going 4-wheeling with Dan, Grandpa Kevin, Mike, Brie and Chris.

In the afternoon, we headed to Laurel and Sam's for a BBQ and swimming. Then we went over to Rosamond Elementary where we always have a perfect view of the Riverton fireworks.



Dan and our brother in laws have started a tradition over the past few years of doing a Slip n' Slide. They usually buy a big piece of plastic to use as their slide but didn't get a chance this year so they just used the kids' slide. They still had a blast!


Teron had so much fun squirting everyone with the hose.




Here's our little Patriotic girls. Mary just kept staring at Brooklyn and Brooklyn kept hitting Mary in the face. It was so cute!

I am so grateful for this free country and for the MANY people who died to make this freedom possible. I'm grateful for a Grandpa who loved and understood our great Constitution and conveyed that through his writings. He is one of the reasons I have such a love for this Holiday. God Bless America!

5 comments:

The Skousens said...

What a fun 4th of July weekend...we missed spending the day with you all this year! What fun pictures...all of the kids are getting so grown-up!!!

Bennifer said...

I love all the pics. Everyone is so grown up. I'm peeing at all the farmer tans! Looks like those that were there had fun:)

Deb-t said...

Amen sister! This is such a great holiday...
I love all the pictures. I'm jealous that you went to Riverton Town Days. I miss that, but how fun for you all. Brooklyn is so precious and I love the funny face picture at the top!

crystalcookie said...

Ah your fam is so cute! and you are so cute..and your blog is so cute..and your face is so cute! just a lot of cutness going on! well much love from Crystal:)

Unknown said...

Lindsay's face in the goofy picture looks like how i feel! Such a cute fam! let's get together.
Love ya,
Em