Thursday, December 6, 2007

Festival of Trees


Lindsay asked for a baby doll.



Family togetherness. Gavin's giving Santa the evil eye!



"Ho, ho, ho THIS, Santa!"

Zane asked for a pretend dog.

Last week we took the kids to the Festival of Trees on opening night, Wednesday. What were we thinking? Well, I'll tell you what we thought. We thought that it might not be as busy that night, and we were wrong. It took us about 15 minutes to find a parking spot. We thought it would be a fun tradition to continue and that the kids would enjoy seeing the different trees, we were wrong. Zane had fallen asleep on the way there, so he was SOOOOOOO grumpy almost the whole time. Lindsay was bored after about 10 minutes of looking at trees and wanted a cinnamon roll, that she only ate about 3 bites of (but mommy was willing to finish it!). We thought the kids would be too afraid to see Santa and we were wrong, well, except Gavin. Lindsay and Zane both walked right up to him and sat on his lap. Gavin acted like he was going to sit on his lap, then at the last second, he turned and started running (see photo). It was hilarious! So maybe next year, we'll start a different tradition, of going to the Festival of Trees for a date night!

3 comments:

The Skousens said...

I am peeing at Gavin running away from Santa! I have never gone to the Festival of Trees and want to go so bad! I think that it's a fun tradition!

Amy said...

Danielle is still scared stiff of Santa! Hey you get an A for effort. on getting traditions going! Maybe next year they'll be more into it!

Christian and Karen Robinson said...

Hey, no kids? Great idea! How about making it a Girls Night activity? I doubt Dan would mind too much if he missed it too.....